Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Moin Folkes

Hello there everyone! I took a smallish break for the blog for November. This month is the month named the hardest for exchange students when dealing with homesickness. And I can pretty much agree with that but, let me catch you up on some small things that happened this month!                       First off here is a beautiful picture of some nice German food my host mom cooked! We have sauerkraut with ham              ( Schinken) and bratwurst! And in the small dish is some fried onions ( Röstzwiebel) . Not pictured is mashed potatoes ( Kartoffelpüree)! I thought I'd show you the German words as well! My host mom is an amazing cook and I am very thankful for her skills.
 Then after school one day I went with my host brother ( Henri, the blonde boy) and his friends to get lunch which consisted of Currywurst and pommes or what Americans call french fries. It was very good and I got to watch people in the town start to put Christmas lights on the streets! Since people in the rest of the world ( besides Canadians) don't celebrate Thanksgiving, the Christmas decorations go up EXTRA early. I'm not complaining though because who doesn't want to see pretty lights for a whole month longer?! The other guy pictured is Fabian and the small girl in the red scarf is Isabel! ( She's cool because we share the same name(; )


Later this month my friend Ambra came up to Leer and spent the night at my house! She's on exchange in District 1850 and is from Telluride Colorado! We spent Saturday walking around Leer and going into all the shops! Then we took a long bike ride out past my house and found a dairy vending machine where you can buy milk, cheese, yogurt,  ect... It was so nice to see a friend and an American! I had so much fun climbing up all the dykes and possibly chasing sheep... We also got caught in some hail storms throughout the two days which were quite fun!   


Well that's all I have for this month so far but this weekend District 1850 exchange students are having a sleepover in Oldenburg which will be plenty of fun! And on Sunday I'm working at the local Christmas Market for my Leer Rotary Club! Let's just pray I don't freeze to death!

1 comment:

  1. Love Currywurst! I haven't made it in a few years, so need to get on that. Or go to Germany.

    ReplyDelete