Saturday, August 12, 2017

First Few Weeks

Hey! These few weeks here in Germany have been AMAZING! My host family is so nice and for the first week and a half have been talking to me in english but sadly that stopped about a week ago when school started my german is doing good though. My first weekend here I went to a small town/city? in the Netherlands and we just walked around and ate Belgium Fries ( SO GOOD!)  picture 1 and 2 are from my trip to the Netherlands for the day. I've been hanging out with my host siblings friends and we've been biking all over town. It's incredibly pretty here and i'm in awe of where I am everyday i'm in the town.  On August 1, my host mom had to meet a friend in Oldenburg so my host sister and brother
( Fanni and Henri) and I walked around the city and they showed me popular shops and good places to eat! pictures 3 and 4 were from Oldenburg. The weather here has been rainy and slightly cold but it feels just like home! I also met with my Rotary Club members and had a bike tour with them! And had tea with them and they talked about everything going on in the next few weeks! I'll try to keep updates and post more
about german things such as food and culture!
Thank you again Bellingham Rotary and Rotary
District 5050 for sending me here and giving me
the chance to meet these amazing people!
Auf Wiedersehen,
Izzy Cybula





This is my counselor Tjard- Garrels, Onno Kappei, and the other counselor, Luca my other host family's daughter she is going to Italy for the year, my host sister Fanni, Me, Mateus he's here from Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment