Monday, August 28, 2017

Things I've Noticed

Hey! Sorry I haven't been posting that much but I have a few things to finally add now! Just some things I've noticed while being here my first month!
- Breakfast is HUGE here and it consists of bread, tea and all sorts of things to put on your bread ( such as meat, cheese, spreads, jelly/marmalade, butter and more!) Also people here have egg boiling machines and they eat boiled eggs hot in a dish as shown in the picture. I am very bad at eating eggs this way and have failed on multiple attempts...
- People here rarely touch their food and eat EVERYTHING with a fork and knife ( including fries and sushi?)
- Apparently I cut my food with the knife on the wrong side of the fork.  My cutting of food has become a form of entertainment for my family.
- People here bike everywhere, myself included and there are even bike streets! Although no one wears helmets here, there are little to no accidents!

If you'd like to know more just email me or comment on my posts!

1 comment:

  1. I remember the fork thing too! They also don't cut their food with a fork like we do. Glad you are entertaining to your host family! Keep posting- we love to follow your adventure!

    ReplyDelete